Friday, August 31, 2012

Life goes on.......

So I am almost 3 weeks post-surgery. To be honest, I have been a hermit since my surgery. When asked if I want to go out to dinner with my family, my response is.......not really since I don't want to see them eat. I'm not really having any problems eating, but don't want to sit in a restaurant for an hour and only have soup. I am still on a soft diet which presents a problem at most restaurants. Although, I have been given some really helpful hints from my friends that have had surgery...beans and cheese at Taco Bell, who would have thought??

So back to my hermit days. So I've been staying at home and my lovely husband has been making most of my dinners and I have been muddling along.

Then comes Back To School Night. I am in charge of the school directory and have put off doing anything about it, so I must go to the school and get forms handed out to parents. I am so happy I did this, it was not centered around food (Woo Hoo) and I got to see lots of people that I haven't seen in a while. Especially one of my fellow sleevers. She gave me some awesome advice and some things help me get to my 60g of protein a day. She is also an amazing role model!!

Then comes the second Back To School Night. I tried to pawn this off to my lovely husband to no avail. The child wanted me to go with him, and I really do deal with most things school related. Again, very happy I got roped into this too. Lots more people that I hadn't seen in a while and lots more teachers met.

So even after three weeks, life really does go on. It's nice to know, but a little disheartening, since I was hoping everyone was floundering without me. Oh well, I'm getting back into the swing of life and still working on getting the water and protein I need daily.

3 comments:

  1. I pawned the middle school back to school night on hubby...but only it was a divide and conquer night because of baseball :D...so soft food and a restaurant? Olive Garden pasta fagioli and you'll have enough for like 10 other meals, you'll probably have to freeze it. I just picked around the pasta part and ate the beans and meat. I'll still eat the plain greek yogurt with a spoon full of the the protein powder and now I'll have a couple of apple slices and dip it into the yogurt...it's yummy. Oh...more soft food high protein choices...morning star california grillers -- way yum and packed with protein. Hang in there, this too shall pass. And it'll be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You looked fabulous on Thursday night. I'm glad you were able to get out there: one day at a time, one step at a time, right?

    ReplyDelete